Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reid's 1st Birthday Party: Having a Ball!


As you know, my little guy turned one last week!  The day after his actual birthday I wanted to schedule a party to celebrate with family and friends who have helped me and a my little family make it through.  The toy of choice around our home is and has been for a while balls.  Balls of any size, color, texture, you name it, our guy likes it!  So after searching on Pinterest for a while I found a party that I could kind of build off of.  You can find the link to that awesome looking party here.  *I made similar invitations to this gals party, and sent them out through e-mail*


I am glad I did this particular theme because it was SO EASY.  Balls are basically 3 dimensional circles, so we (we mostly being my mother and me, along with the occasional input from my aunt and grandmother) just cut out a bunch of circles and decorated from there.  We made a "Happy Birthday Reid" banner, a "1st Birthday" high chair banner, and a monthly banner (from pictures I had taken each month with Reid up against a certain stuffed animal).  I really think it turned out pretty good.  Sadly I don't think we got just plain pictures of all the decorations but here are a few to give you an idea. . . 


This is the high chair banner

Behind my in-laws you can see the "Happy Birthday Reid" banner.  The mantel
was decorated with his name, pictures, and balloons.




I have NO PICTURE of the monthly banner, but I am hanging it up in his room so I will take a picture of it there once it is up.  

Instead of having the traditional cake and to keep with our round theme, I decided to do cupcakes.  This was such a fun, incredibly easy, hassle free idea, that was also very cheap.  I went to Sam's and bought 2 packages of 30 cupcakes (good sized ones) for $13 a piece.  You cannot beat 60 cupcakes for under $30!  My cousin had just gotten married 2 weekends before and had cupcakes at her wedding.  My grandfather built a cupcake stand to house them all.  We borrowed the stand and my mom taped paper along the outsides of the three layers we used.  It worked out perfectly!

Didn't Mom do a great job decorating?

Big shout out to my MIL for the napkins that fit just perfectly!


I wanted Reid to have his own little cake so we went to Walmart and got one of those mini cakes and they decorated it for us on the spot!  It was great and also cheap!   We had chips and dips, icecream, drinks, I mean it was just wonderful.  I remember saying to my mom later how much it really did get pulled off, that it was actually perfect.  Here are few more pics from a very fun day.

Mr. Big 1 Year Old! 
Some of the guests

Yea for being 1!

My great great grandmother!  She is such a blessing!

This would be a ball pit my cousin got him.  It came with only 20 balls .

So she got him 250 more. . .

Can't wait until she has a kid.  It is payback ;)

Opening gifts with mommy and daddy!



Singing happy birthday!



Can you tell he is just a little loved?  And this is only 1 half of the room!

All in all, a great day!


Thank you to all who came, brought food, presents, and have been there with us through this past year. We are so blessed to have you in our lives!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ideas. I have a Reid who will be celebrating his ball themed first birthday next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the idea (hope you dont mind I stole a few) my lil man turns one Feb 24 we could not figure out a theme that suit his personality but we knew we wanted something fun an unique! He not really into anything but like your lil guy he loves anything round an if he can throw it u better believe he gonna throw it lol so when I found your blog I knew it was perfect and I too think he gonna have a blast! Thanks again.