Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Change is Comin'

So change in my life is coming, and it is coming fast and furious. From changes with work, to home, and not to mention with my body. That is probably the biggest and hardest change I am having to deal with, at least personally. I know I should be excited about my changing body, but right now I am not overjoyed with it. While I know I am getting bigger for a purpose, right now it seems like I have gained just a lot of weight and fat. I know that while this is not all completely true, I can;t wait until it gets to be baby and not fat, and then to where I can loose it. I just hope I have the self discipline to do it after the baby comes.

Which coincidentally that leads me in to the next big change in life. Mark and I recently made the decision that I would stay home this next year with the baby instead of continuing on at Harleton Elementary. This was literally one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I am giving up my dream job, which is hard, but God has made it so evident that this is the right decision for our family at this time. I am so excited about being able to stay home and watch our baby boy or girl grow up, especially through the baby years. I don't know how long I will be out or anything, and while it really wasn't the plan to teach a semester, get pregnant, and stay home, it was God's so I am leaving him in control of all of this!

Baby Clifton is doing well I guess. I am excited about going to the next dr. appointment because we will be in the ultrasound room and hopefully be able to see our baby. We haven't gotten to see him/her since 6 weeks really. Hopefully if it is big enough and turned right, we might be able to tell the sex. I will be 16 weeks and 3-4 days! It could happen! I will definitely be posting more later as things begin to happen!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well, besides the getting bigger part. That had to be such a hard decision, but God will honor your faithfulness to do what He has asked you to do. I know that my plans are rarely what God has in mind, but His plans are so much better! I can't wait for you to find out the sex of your baby. Keep us posted!

Chris and Lydia said...

Not sure if you remember me...we met at Charlie and Tonya's wedding?

Anyway, found your blog through Facebook and wanted to say congratulations! Chris and I are expecting as well, so I can empathize with you. A sudden change in plans regarding your career and then gaining weight rapidly is difficult. But so worth it! We get a little person out of this!

I felt like a chubby girl who had been eating too much cake until about 18 weeks, and then, BAM! Pregnant belly! It happens overnight:)