Thursday, October 3, 2013

Color Run: Pink Ranger Style!

Earlier this summer my cousin set up a group to do a "color run" together.  She named the group the "Pink Rangers" and asked me as well as many others (18 to be exact) to do it with her.  My mom, Abby, and I trained together some during the summer, and a little after school started to make sure we were ready.  

Finally the day dawned bright and clear (and hot!) and we were all off at 6:30AM to meet and carpool to our destination. . . Mom, Abby, and I rode together up there and had a blast talking about anything and everything!  The boys (except Mark who was gone to a bachelor party weekend for his twin brother) were bringing my babies and meeting us there.  After about an hour of waiting and standing in line we were finally at the start line ready to go!  There were SSSOOO many people there to run, they were sending them off in waves of 500 every 10 minutes!  Totally awesome!  

Pink Rangers all together that morning
Before the Race started 
The line of people in front.  The start was under the bridge.
The line of people (and me talking to abby) behind.
Mom and her group of friends that call themselves the "Redneck Princesses"
Me and Kyndall, my cousin who got everything organized!
Me, Mom, and Abby all clean before the race
Every one ran at their own pace, with the younger high school and jr high girls out in the lead!!!  Me and my Aunt Lori Ivey, my mom's brother's wife (not to be confused with my Aunt Lori, my mom's sister!  Except it is confusing lol!) ended running about the same pace and had the best time talking to one another as we ran along.  I was able to run the whole 3.2 miles, something I wasn't sure I would do because we just went along talking until the end.  I definitely wouldn't have done that had she not been there.  In case you haven't done a color run, it is a non-timed event (great for a first 5k) where you run down a course and along the way there are "color stations".  These color stations have people on the side throwing dyed corn starch at you as you run through them!  It is so much fun, I highly recommend it!

The picture I sent to Mark afterwards


Lastly, one of our really good friends had promised to buy every one cupcakes to eat at the finish line from a wonderful local cupcake store!  The Pink Rangers decided we wouldn't cross the finish line until we waited for everyone to get together at the end.  Finally once our group was all together we walked the last 200 yards cheering about being a Pink Ranger and eating cupcakes!  Hands down one of the most fun events!




All the "Ivey girls": Kyndall, Me, Mom, Sister Lori, Abby, Lori I
Me and Lori, so glad she was there!





No comments: