Monday, August 22, 2011

What I've Been Thinking Lately

I know I need to upload pictures, believe me some are coming soon, but until then here are some things that have been on my mind lately. . .

1. Cloth Diapers-  Ok mom, you can stop making the face you are making and read on to hear me out.  I have a few friends that cloth diaper and have read a few blogs of moms who have made the switch and loved it.  While I am not trying to create more work for myself, I can't help but think that it would save money, is WAY better for the environment, I wouldn't be stranded in a small town (with no walmart) diaperless/never have to worry about picking up diapers again, and not to mention they are cute too!  I am doing my research, but if anyone has any info they would like to share, please feel free!




2. The first day of school is today and this day has been bitter sweet for me the past 3 times it has rolled around.  The first because instead of being in my own classroom I was doing my student teaching, thanks to an incompetent advisor and a college that wouldn't budge.  The next one I was VERY pregnant and remodeling a house in anticipation of our little one arriving.  I think I was still having issues with the fact my life was about to change before my eyes, and the one thing I knew how to do (teach) wasn't in my future anymore, at least not for the time being.  It was hard to not be there to start my first official "first day" like everyone else.  This year is a little bit different.  I have a thriving (and teething) 10 and a half month old hanging on my pajamas that I am still wearing waiting to eat breakfast and play.  I am content with where I am at and my situation, I know this is where I am supposed to be.  So even though I am have not yet had my official first day I can smile and turn to pick up my little guy, knowing I am doing something just as special!


3.  The concept of worry has been on my mind lately.  More specifically as in how not to do so.  As always, there are things happening here at the Clifton house, things that feel outside of my control, and hard as I try, I can't get them under control.  So I worry about them.  This is not smart.  I have been making a conscious effort to put my trust in the Lord and to let Him do the worrying for me.  Reminding myself that His yoke is easy and His burden is light whenever I get to feeling consumed with what ifs.  Isn't it wonderful that we have a God who is in control over everything?  He knows the plans he has for us, we just have to have the faith to follow them.


4.  My phone.  For those who don't know, I had to send my phone in to Apple because of some problems.  I was 3 days without it.  It was hard and liberating all at the same time.  I didn't notice how many times a day I reached for it, weird times really.  Like I checked for it when I went to the bathroom at a store (I guess to make sure it didn't fall out of my back pocket into a toilet), as my clock for what weird time Reid was waking up because of his teeth, for my book, for my music, for my e-mail, I mean seriously it was a big addiction.  And yet it was nice to not have to worry about it for just a few days.  I didn't have to think "do I have it?" "where did I lay it down?" or things like that.  Yes it does make my life easier, but I think going without it for a few days was just what the doctor ordered.

So there you have it, welcome into my head.  One scary place to be huh?

No comments: