Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reid's First Haircut

So I am a little behind on the whole blogging spectrum as far as Reid is concerned.  I mean I haven't even put up his 10 month pictures for goodness sake!  Yeah I know, shame on me. . .

Anywho, I am going to just jump right in there and tell you about Reid's first haircut.  My 1st cousin, Kyndall, went to hair school in Dallas.  Since then she has come home, gotten engaged, and began working/planning a wedding.  Yeah crazy!  Anyway, Reid's hair was kinda getting away from him.  He had what she referred to as "wings" on the side of his head by his ears.  I held off cutting them for the longest, hoping they would turn into curls, but alas, Kyndall said I could go on no longer, so on July 20th, we broke out the shears.
The hair to the left would be classified as a "wing"
Needless to say this was a big day for Mama, baby, and stylist.  After much collaboration and some trial and error we figured out the best way to handle our "wingy" situation.
Forming a game plan.

Combined with some reassuring sugars.


Trying the whole sitting by yourself thing 
That didn't work out so good, so enter Mama

The first cut!


Hey, not so bad!

Until we had to get the back



"Aunt" Kyndall did a great job!


Until the end

Then it was time for Grammy
So there you have it, recorded for all eternity, Reid's first haircut.  And yes moms I did keep a tiny bit of it to go in his baby book.  Makes me sad, my baby boy isn't such a baby anymore!

No comments: