Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Puppy Love (Had to Delete This Post)

So I had to delete this post because of some complications, but it is back again.  It was written sometime during November 2008.  Just didn't want to lose it, but couldn't put it back in the same spot.


So this past week was Thanksgiving and we had a lot of fun and a lot of driving to do!  We ended up going to Tyler on Tuesday night to be there so Mark could go and observe at a physical therapy place.  He really really enjoyed it and has pretty much decided this is what he is wanting to pursue as his career, which is very cool!  Now it is just a matter of getting into the classes!  So on Wednesday his mother and I just enjoyed the day together by going shopping and making Christmas pillows!!  This is a stretch for me considering my homemaking skills are virtually non-existent.  They turned out pretty good, with most of the credit going to Edith!

Thursday morning started off early with us heading out at 7 AM for Bryan for lunch with the Cliftons.  It was a long drive but we finally made it!  I got a chance to meet some family members that were unable to be at the wedding, and I have never met before.  It was nice just getting to know a new family, but I definitely missed my family back at home.  This was the first holiday away, and it was much harder than I had anticipated.  I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, or effect me as much as it did, but it was still all good.  We ate, sat around and talked some, and then headed back to Tyler just to get out of one car to go straight into another one and make the hour and fifteen minute drive back to Harleton to catch leftovers from lunch with my family.  I enjoyed getting to see everyone and was glad they had a good Thanksgiving.

Another recent happening is Mark and I have a puppy!  We got a miniature Shih tzu who is about 9 weeks and around just 1 pound.  He will end up at 3 pounds, but shouldn't become any bigger!  He is just adorable and I am definitely in love, and guess what. . . so is Mark!  I love it!  He loves him just as much as I do, and shows it.  My dad is allergic to just about everything, including most things with fur, so needless to say, dogs aren't his favorite animals!  I tell him he looks so cute to me when he plays with Gizmo, which is what we named him!  Unfortunately, there is a no pets rule here at ETBU, like it goes as far as no fish, so we cannot keep him with us constantly.  My Noni has offered to keep him for us until we are in a place of that will let us have one!  Such as great grandmother I know!  I will try to get a more pics, but here are a few:-)

No comments: