Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Saturday Ramble

Wow I know it has been a while.  A lot has been happening and yet nothing has been happening all at the same time.  And to make things even harder our camera's cf card keeps tearing up the card reader, so now I have to get a new CF (old school style memry card) card AND a new card reader!  Grr!!  If anyone has one of these that they no longer use and would like to donate to the cause, I will gladly send you my address!

Our little man is steadily growing and showing us just how big and smart he is.  You can ask him where your nose is and he will point to it on your face, we ask him "Reid, how old are you?" and he will hold up 1 finger most of the time, he says "Dada, Mama, Night Night, Bite, Bubba, Baby" and laughs SO MUCH!  He keeps us on our toes that is for sure.  He is learning the meaning on "No touch" more and more, eating like a champ (we put whole milk in his sippie for the first time today, the kid loved it!), loves going to football games, is standing and can stand up in the middle of the floor unassisted as well as take a few steps.  I think he could walk is he wanted to, but crawling is still too fast right now.  He loves to pull up on my legs behind me and me grab his hands while he follows me around.  He claps for himself after he has done something right, loves to ride anything that has a motor, LOVES balls of any kind, and is all around just a super happy baby.  We are so blessed to have such a fun loving little guy in our lives.  God is good!

We are also getting closer and closer to his first birthday.  You don't know how sad that makes me, my baby is not really a baby anymore.  He is such a big boy, one who is too on the go for much cuddle time with Mama.  I know I had a hard time in the beginning, but I would give almost anything to go back to those early days when he was about 1-3 months old and just sit there and cuddle with him.  Never to be :(.  I am excited to see how much more he is going to learn the older he gets, and realizing what a blessing I have to be able to stay at home with him and teach him.

I have been struggling to recover my homemaking skills since the end of summer activities.  I am needing to get back into a routine (I am desperately missing this) for cleaning, shopping, cooking etc.  I am hoping after this next weekend to get much better.  My cousin is getting married on saturday, so I know there will be many new things cropping up this week that we do not normally have.  I am excited about her wedding, her marriage, and helping her celebrate!  It is going to be the fanciest wedding I have been too that is for sure.

Ok now that I have rambled your ear (or eyes) I promise I will have something more to say next time you hear from me.

No comments: