Thursday, October 29, 2009

Long, Busy Days and Weeks

Sorry it has been so long since I have last reported in to everybody. My life has been gung-ho for the past two weeks, but in a very good way. The recent change has been that I am no longer in first grade or the Elementary school, but in the sixth grade which is over at the Jr. High. It has been a lot of fun, and very very different.

I will admit the first day it was super hard and a HUGE adjustment. I missed my little babies, and even though they have the best teacher in the world, I found myself worrying about them, what they were doing, and if they were getting it all or not. So sad I know! But after a week or so, I got accustomed to where I am at now as soon as I began to recognize the kids and putting names with faces. Sixth graders are ssooo much fun! They are older and are more sarcastic, which is sometimes good, sometimes bad. They are still young enough to not be "too cool for school". Needless to say, I am having a great time and am learning a lot. My new teacher is awesome. She is so much fun, has some great ideas, and the kids love her class! All in all, my student teaching experience really has been extraordinary.

Mark and I have both been busy with the youth, doing Wednesday nights, bible studies, 5th quarters, games, and all other sorts of stuff that has been going on. Both Ellie and Sadie are doing well and being good girls for the most part. They are full of energy, but tucker themselves out pretty good each night. All in all, that is my post for right now. Hopefully I can post some mroe interesting things later.

No comments: