Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our First Christmas Together

Just for starters, our first Christmas together was wonderful.  I remember thinking to myself, "I wonder what it will be like, will it be good, how will it turn out?"  It turned out better than I ever thought it could!  We had a blast and it was as memorable as it could possibly be!  We had so much fun and got everything we could have wanted!

It started at my grandmother's house where we got smaller gifts, and our large gift.  Mine was a beautiful soft leather pair of brown teacher boots!  I love them!  They were beautiful!  I didn't expect to get a pair because it was something I didn't specify the exact type I wanted, but these were exactly right.  Mark got a nice peacoat from American Eagle.  He had been wanting a coat that he could wear to church as a nice coat and that he could also wear somewhere casually like to the movies.  He tried one on at American Eagle and really liked it, so I relayed the message onto my family.  Then we went to my parents house that night and got our annual Christmas Eve Jammies!  Then it was back to our house to begin our Christmas.  

We knew we were going to have to be up extra early, and we still had to pack to leave for Tyler
 the next day so we decided to pack and then do our Christmas to each other.  We packed and 
then set up the video camera so we could video tape our first christmas, which we did!  It was so fun getting to open the presents I had been looking at for weeks now, wondering what they were.  First we did our stockings and in mine Santa had brought me snickers, some new fuzzies (socks I have now come accustomed to sleeping in since our house is sssoo stinking cold at night), a Sims computer game,  another copy of Redeeming Love because Mark had broke my other one.  In his stocking he had some Gap undies, a workout shirt, a magnet/canpunch/bottle opener, some guitar pics, a new spring thingy that he keeps his keys on, and some snickers!

Then it was onto the presents.  We took turns opening each other's presents.  I got a watch that I had really really wanted.  He opened up a longhorn football shirt he had been wanting for a while that I had Adam get from Austin while he was at a game.  I then got a new Ralph Lauren red vest that I saw half off at Bealls and really wanted, but Mark said no at the time.  Little did I know Santa would bring it.  He then opened up a hotsauce gift set that I found at Wal-Mart.  The boy loves hot sauce and goes through it like none other.  This had five different kinds with recipes on the side and fun facts on the back.  After this it was my turn again, in which I opened up a justice of the piece building for one of those little towns.  I have always wanted one of those towns, and so he got me that one because it was the year we got married.  It even had a little sign on it that said "Weddings $2".  It was so thoughtful.  He then got to open a brand new  leather Guess shaving kit.  The zipper on his other one was broken.  My next present was two more outfits from target.  One was a pink shirt with an argyle sweater to go over it, and the other was this black shirt that looked like the dress I got on our honeymoon with a converse button jacket!  Both so cute!  When I told him he spent too much he said, "No I didn't, I shopped on the 75% off rack at Target!"  I said, "That's my man!"  His next present was his big present which were a pair of Toms.  These are really cool and comfy shoes that if you buy a pair they will also send a pair to a child in a third world country that has no shoes.  After all of this we cleaned up a little and then went to bed for about oh  5 hours before it was time to wake up for Christmas day.

We headed out and got to my parents' house around 6:30 that morning.  Here we got to open presents with Adam and give our presents to mom and dad.  I got a few things I wanted from Pampered Chef such as a tea pitcher, kitchen shears that can cut meat, a stone cake pan thing, and some bamboo spatulas.  There were also king size pillows that I asked for for our bed, mad gab, a scene it game that was men vs. women, and much more.  Mark got a longhorn hoodie, a portable diskgolf basket game, a Shane and Shane shirt from Adam, 3 other shirts, a chin-up bar and much more.  It was great!  Then we ate a light breakfast and headed off to Tyler with our Gizmo!   

Gizmo rode in the console on his bed and slept pretty much the whole way.  We got to Tyler and began unpacking the car when I realized that we left a big part of Scott's present at our house.  I felt awful!!  I couldn't believe we had done that.  It was set over to the side because it was too big to go under the tree, but that is also where all of my gifts ended up and so we just didn't put it by the door!  Anyways, we unpacked the dog, which stole everyone's heart, ate and then opened presents.  Blake ended up having my name and had to be the first one of everyone to buy for a girl  He did very good though, getting me a manicure, sweater, and a wire serving set type of thing.  I also got a thing to go right inside the door, to hold coats and keys, a necklace, money, gift cards.  Mark got a trunk to go as a coffee table, movies, money, gift cards, and many more things I cannot think of right now.  All in all it was  a great Christmas!  

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I most certainly will : )
We do need to get together really soon! : )

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas together too!
: )

Love ya girl!