Sunday, October 24, 2010

Read about Reid

Yep you read it right, this is the first of many "Read about Reid" posts that will be making an appearance on our blog on a more than likely regular basis. Here are a few things we have learned about our little man so far.

1. The little booger is hot natured just like his daddy. We have gotten up more than once during the night thinking he had wet out the back of his diaper (how he does that I am not sure either) and it is actually sweat.

2. He loves to be moving! If he is crying in his car seat, just get the car moving he usually will quiet down.

3. He has awful hiccups. The first night he was home we thought he was gagging on spit up, when it was actually just hiccuping really hard! An elevated bed does wonders.

4. The boy is a champion sleeper! He loves to sleep and will sleep anywhere, and if he is really tired he wont wake up for anything, no matter how annoying his momma is to him.

5. He loves to eat, though sometimes it is a fight between mom and him to get him going. He left the hospital weighing 7 pounds 4 ounces and when we went to the pediatrician he weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces!!! Healthy Boy!

6. He likes to lift up his head and look around. His favorite place to do tummy time is actually on his daddy's chest when he is laying in the recliner.

7. He hates sponge baths, and will definitely let you know it. That is until you turn him over and wash his back and then do his head. He will stop crying and just look at you and everything around. I think he will be like his momma and love being in the real bath once that dern cord falls off.

8. He loves the swing, once again it is a motion thing.

9. The fan and window are his biggest friends right now, he will just stare at them all day long.

10. He looks more and more like his daddy each and every day. He also has the best daddy in the world, who just dotes on him and has taken such a major hands on approach to this whole fatherhood thing!

All in all, we are settling into this whole new family dynamic thing. I can honestly say I would never go back. It isn't always easy, isn't always fun, but life without him would be awful and I never want to go back. I remember being so nervous, and believe me if I think about how he will be around for the next 18 years at least and how we are responsible for him then it becomes a little daunting, but as of right now, life is good. I feel as if I have entered into this realm of mommy hood, not known to me before. I listen to things differently, reason differently, think differently, pray differently, life has changed. There is more to talk about than just me and my life, my life is now concerned with a little 8 pound 8 ounce person, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: