Monday, January 12, 2009

Ramblings. . .

As I lie in my nice, soft, warm, roomy, beautiful bed the night before I start classes for this semester, listening to my husband snore I wonder something.  Have you ever thought at random points in your life, "What would this look like if it were written out in novel form?"  I am a writer, I love to write and have ever since I was young, so maybe this is why I think of this, and if no one else thinks this way it is totally understandable.  It sometimes just hits me at the oddest times too, like driving down the road. . . "As I leaned in to turn up the radio, trying to drown out the noise from the long day and . . ."  well you get the picture.  Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a real author, to be able to finish a whole story, not just a chapter here or there.  I wonder how other writers do it, how they sit down, develop characters, and lengthy plots and not get bored or run out of ideas.  So yeah that is my rambling from my very messed up and tired head for the day.

As Mark and I are married longer, I am noticing, and I think he is to, this whole husband and wife thing isn't always the biggest piece of cake!  Even as newlyweds, we have hit rough patches that are hard to break through.  I hate those!  I hate it when it feels like we don't care as much as we used too, I hate it when we argue at times, it is all the enemy trying to get at us, to bring us down, and I am ashamed to admit he has succeeded at times.  Yet we are both trying harder.  Believe others when they say marriage is work, but also know it is so worth it.  I love him more today than I did yesterday, he is my one and only, my soul mate, my adam, and I his eve, the one God made for me, my long awaited husband, my life partner, protector, leader, hero and so much more.  God is so good and has given and is continuing to give more than either one of us could has imagined.  He is amazing, and we don't praise Him enough!

Right now in life we are working, going to school, and trying to stay healthy.  All of which are hard at times.  I am about to start in with 12 hours, the lightest course load I have ever had, and Mark returned from a doctors visit with $87 worth of meds.  Poor boy, he has a skin issue (like dried skin on his belly some), a pulled hip muscle, and a post bronchitis  infection for which he received a shot in the hiney for at the doctor.  We almost had $187 worth of meds, but thanks to a helpful pharmacy tech, we were told to get dimatap for an almost non existent cough instead of a $100 bottle of cough syrup.  Honestly that better be gold in a bottle, because who has ever even heard of such?!  

Well he has sense rolled over is no longer softly snoring as he was a few minutes ago.  This might have to be a couch night for me.  He is just ssssoo stopped up, there is nothing he can do!  I hope he gets better. . . and soon!  

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I pray he gets better soon too so you can get some well needed rest, and so he feels better...