Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back from Wyoming and 25 Weeks Pregnant

In case you didn't know, Mark, and me along with other adults and a few youth headed up to Wyoming to do a week long mission trip called World Changers. At World Changers your church group is split up onto different crews (with only a few people of who you came with) and you do house repairs for people in a chosen community. It was a great week, we got a lot done, I didn't sweat at all due to less than 15% humidity and it didn't get above 85 degrees the whole time! My crew took out 9 windows and put them back in along with new trim on both outside and inside. It was a lot of fun, I learned a lot, and I made it there and back without too many problems.

I am currently 25 (almost 26) weeks pregnant and getting bigger each and every week (duh). Reid is doing good, kicking away when I lay down and get still. He supposedly weighs up to 2 pounds now and is 9 inches long crown to rump. I am beginning to feel more and more discomfort as he grows, especially in my back where I have a rib out of place. It hurts the most when I have sat with no side support for a prolonged period of time or if I overexert myself. I fell asleep on a heating pad just about every night, but it was because of sitting in worship, not working.

I am ready to have my body back, though I know it wont come for at least 14 more weeks. I am just ready to look normal again and feel normal again. I am ready for the next doctor appointment to see how he is doing and how much he has grown. I also have a glucose test scheduled for that day. I have heard these are not so pleasant, but it is worth it. I just hope everything is ok, especially after all the junk I have consumed in the past 10 days! Needless to say I am looking forward to my bed tonight. I was grateful to the air mattress for keeping me off the floor of a jr. high school, but am more excited about my memory foam tonight and a long hot shower that is calling my name right now!

1 comment:

Chris and Lydia said...

The glucose drink wasn't that bad...but the crash that followed was extreme! I came home from the appointment and passed out for a couple of hours.